Microsoft finally confirms the fact that they are entering the digital entertainment division. Previously they denied they were making an iPod killer. Zune is a banner under which they will be releasing entertainment services and products.
So it’s digital entertainment. What kind of stuff do we expect to see from Microsoft:
- Probably 2-3 different version of an MP3 player ofcourse.
- A portable video player, ala video iPOD.
- Engadget says probably a portable game device
- Microsoft ofcourse has a player, so that area’s covered. Microsoft has Windows Media Player isntalled by default into Windows, so they have an advantage there.
- They would look to support their .wma format more ofcourse. It’s Microsoft.
- An last but not the least, a music library, where you can buy music and download for really cheap prices.
I can’t help but think of the this video of the Microsoft iPod.